Just a bit of a short introduction and explanation about my blog. I'm new to blogging. So if I bore you, I am sorry. My profile picture is the proudest moment of my life. The moment I was able to hold my youngest child in my arms and show him off. It has been 449 days since I last held that sweet baby boy you see in the picture alive. Every single day I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and yet it seems to be an empty weight because my handsome little RJ is not here. I had the enormous privilege to hold this little boy in my arms alive unlike his older two siblings. It has been 1,156 days since I last got to see our daughter Phoebe. I never had the honor of seeing her alive and gave birth to her way too early at 18 weeks. Our second little angel passed 814 days ago when I was only 6 weeks along. Losing the first two prepared my husband, Randy Lee, and I somewhat for losing RJ but you can never be prepared enough for losing something so beautiful and pure. I may not can see my children's faces at the moment but I know they are beautiful. They are a piece of my heart combined with my husband's and I could not think of a single thing in this world that is more beautiful than that. I chose the title of the blog because Mandisa (whom I greatly admire) has a new song out called, "Overcomer" and it really gets me through the days sometimes. I chose the URL because losing RJ has been the hardest thing my husband and I have ever gone through. Some days I don't even think I'm really surviving. I'm merely putting one foot in front of the other and trying to get through the day. But if getting through the days counts as surviving then I guess I am.
I have just finished up my first full semester of 300 level classes and possibly made the President's List by making all A's in my classes (grades haven't yet "officially" posted). My husband coaches local varsity track and field so we stay pretty busy in the spring months. We have a cat that stays inside the house by the name of Zoey and a dog that rules the yard with a strict round of licking and begging to be petted for each and every visitor by the name of Bear Bryant affectionately known as "Bear". We are as I like to call it "Family of Seven, Party of Four". Fur babies are family too!
I was raised in a Baptist church. I am a Christian. I am not however, a "bible-thumping", "screaming and shouting", "do it my way or you're going to hell" Christian. I do not believe in shoving the bible down somebody's throat. I believe that the best way to show somebody that is lost (someone who does not have a personal relationship with Christ) the way to Christ and for them to feel they can come to you with questions is to live your life the best you can in a Christ-like way. You are a friend to everybody. After all, Jesus was friend to sinners was he not? You are a friend to me then, I will be a friend to you. Regardless of your personal beliefs. This blog will not be completely about how we all should go to church. I will let you in on a little secret. I, myself, do not go to church. Not currently anyway. I wish I did. But I do not find myself able to find a church that is not filled with hypocrisy. I would rather worship Jesus in my own time, and study the bible on my own time. I know we are supposed to fellowship with other Christians and I do. I find myself struggling with being able to go back into a church after an incident that happened earlier this year.
I will post several posts tonight copying and pasting a few things I have previously written. Meanwhile, enjoy the beautiful voice of Mandisa.
Mandisa's "Overcomer"
I am the same way though I do attend church but not "religiously". Sometimes I go and get so turned off by people or whatever, so I totally get that hypocrisy in the church feeling. I love your picture bytw. My son also passed away as a newborn so I know how difficult it is to not have gotten much time with him.
ReplyDeleteThis is my blog if you are interested: http://myangelhill.wordpress.com/
Take care and I am going to sub you too.
Your son was so handsome. I have not been good about attending church, but I am trying to include God in my daily life since I lost my daughter.
ReplyDeleteChurches are "hospitals for sinners" so therefore yes they are full of so called "hypocrites"
ReplyDeleteThat is a very unique way of putting it. I'm not sure we know each other but welcome! Please do not mistake my extreme dislike of certain people as a overall generalization. I realize not every church is full of people who smile at your face and scowl at your back. I just have to find the one that is right for myself.
Delete