There's a song by the group Fun called "Carry On" and it says, "My your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground" I look at the past this way, your past is just a story, it may be full of your defining moments, be the creator of who you are, but it is not where you should look. Instead you should stay focused on your future and succeeding in everything you do. I ended up making the President's List for the college where I attend and I really hope to keep it up for all 5 semesters. My goal is to graduate with honors. I have to take some really big tests known as Praxis that I hope to score really high on as well. I have this urgent need to prove myself for some reason. I want to do good in this world so that my children will be proud of me. I want to be the mommy that her kids aren't afraid to talk to about anything. Most of all, I want to be a mommy. But for now, I carry on through school and do the best I can. For each day is another day closer to having my degree and a steady job where I can provide for our kiddos. My husband and I are scheduled to graduate the same semester so we will be able to walk at graduation together. I could not be more proud.
Fun ~ Carry On
No comments:
Post a Comment